PART-TIME KENNEL ATTENDANT
The kennel attendant will provide attentive care, socialize and rehabilitate rescued greyhounds while maintaining a sanitary, safe and comfortable environment. This job is located in the El Cajon area of East County.
- Provide quality care and supervision to rescued greyhounds; comfortably interact with and maintain control of groups of dogs during turnout.
- Observe necessary guidelines and procedures to ensure the safety of dogs, co-workers and volunteers.
- Clean patios and outdoor areas; sweep, mop and vacuum kennel; launder soiled bedding and towels; and other chores necessary to maintain a clean, sanitary kennel environment.
- Feed dogs and adhere to prescribed diets.
- Administer medications to dogs and implement all instructions from veterinarians.
- Report medical, behavioral concerns/changes per procedure.
- Complete required documentation accurately and timely, i.e. daily logs, time sheets, etc.
- Direct volunteers and follow established turnout checklist for each shift as detailed in Kennel Procedures.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Experience working with dogs or other related experience preferred.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a valid California Drivers License.
Hours are dependent on the needs of the organization. Weekly hours and schedule can vary. Kennel hours are 7am to 9:30pm, including weekends and holidays. There may be occasional emergency situations that require an employee to work over-time. Current needs are for afternoon and evening shifts on weekdays and morning and afternoon/evening shifts on weekends.