YOU CAN HELP THE HOUNDS AT GREYHOUND ADOPTION CENTER EVEN IF YOU CAN'T DONATE OR VOLUNTEER
TAKE A WALK
- Download Wooftrax for iPhone or Android
- Select walking for: Greyhound Adoption Center
- Walk, bike, or run at least once a week using the app…it doesn’t matter how far and no dog is needed (although if you have one, your best friend will enjoy the exercise)
- Greyhound Adoption Center will receive a check based on the number of active walkers!
BUY THINGS WITH YOUR PHONE
- Download Benefit for iPhone or Android
- Attach your payment method (credit card and/or bank account)
- Select Greyhound Adoption Center as beneficiary
- Whenever you buy at Benefit merchants, use the app to purchase an instant gift card for the exact amount you are spending (you can do this at the register)
- Redeem your gift card for your purchase and GAC will receive a rebate up to 20% of your purchase
- More information about Benefit App
- Easy video guide: Overview, Set up your account, Set up your payment method, Pay with purpose
- Instead of logging on to Amazon.com, log on to smile.amazon.com (prices and selection are exactly the same)
- Under “pick your own charitable organization” type “Greyhound Adoption Center La Mesa”
- Click Search
- Click “Select” next to Greyhound Adoption Center in La Mesa, CA
- GAC receives 0.5% of all eligible orders
- Many companies will match all or a portion of your donation
- Some companies even offer a donation to a charity where their employees volunteer their time.
DONATE YOUR EXTRA FLEECE BLANKETS
- At the track, greyhounds sleep in small wooden crates with shredded newspaper as bedding.
- We have a wonderful volunteer who sews soft custom fleece bedding for all the greyhounds at the Greyhound Adoption Center.
- Pieces of fleece and recycled fleece blankets can make beautiful soft beds for a deserving hound.
- Give a greyhound the gift of sweet dreams in her very first soft bed.
CLEAN OUT YOUR CLOSETS
- You can get your spring cleaning done and spend time with friends
- Gather a friend or two and host a garage sale – if you donate the proceeds to the Greyhound Adoption Center, we will provide you with a receipt for your taxes
- You will enjoy your clean closets and the satisfaction of knowing you helped change a greyhound's life
PLAY A GAME
- Host a Bunco party, trivia night, or other game night.
- Charge a small donation to participate.
- Have a great time with friends and raise a little cash for the hounds at GAC.
ENJOY DINNER WITH FRIENDS
- Plan a progressive dinner
- Gather 3 to 5 friends and have each one prepare a course for the dinner (appetizer, salad, soup, main course, dessert). Invite your friends to join you for a small donation. Since you are only providing one course each, it’s an affordable way to give back.
- Host a restaurant night
- Many restaurants will offer a percentage of their proceeds to charitable organizations.
- Pick a restaurant, choose your date, then hand out flyers to friends and neighbors.
- Enjoy your meal knowing that the hounds will benefit from your fun night out.